We have the opportunity for three leadership teams from the University of Leeds to take part in the pilot of a new one-day workshop, ‘Leading with Values in Teams’, taking place between June and July 2023.
Effective teams and cohesive cultures are bound by shared values. At Leeds, our University values should be at the heart of everything we do.
The purpose of this workshop is to help leadership teams translate University values into a values-based working approach that feels real and sustainable in their context. In the sessions you’ll learn how to:
- translate our University values into relevant and practical ways of working for your team
- build values-based collaboration across your team; enabling everyone to take part and contribute
- role model values-based working with others across the University
- recognise the strength of working as a team and demonstrating your team values consistently
The one-day workshop will be delivered in a face-to-face session and it has been developed by OD&PL, in partnership with leadership development specialists Oakridge.
Who is the programme for?
The workshop is for teams with leadership responsibility for a large function at the University (this may include schools, institutes, departments or services). We recommend the size of team will typically be between 6 and 12 members. Each member of the team should have some leadership and/or management responsibility.
To take part in the workshop, your team must be available for at least one of the following dates: Thursday 29 June, Thursday 6 July, Friday 14 July. Once you have registered your interest, please hold the date(s) you've selected with your team to ensure availability if successful.
The workshop consists of a one-day, face-to-face workshops which will take place on University of Leeds campus on one of the following dates:
- Thursday 29 June 2023
- Thursday 6 July 2023
- Friday 14 July 2023
Once you have registered your interest, please hold the date(s) you've selected with your team to ensure availability if successful.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
Setting the scene
- Role modelling great values-based collaboration
- Building trust
- Establishing the importance and benefits of values-based working
- Bringing Integrity, inclusivity, collaboration and compassion to life
Building our Team Narrative
- Creating clarity of team purpose and how the team contributes to the bigger picture. Creating a shared interpretation of team values
- Identifying development areas and optimising strengths
Developing our Team Principles
- Collaboratively building on the Team Narrative to create a team charter together that all can commit to, providing the blueprint for values based working
- Reflecting and reviewing actions to develop a Values Based Team Development Action Plan
Register your interest
If you think your team would benefit from this development please register your interest before Friday 12 May 2023.
We recommend registering your interest as soon as possible as teams will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis, providing you meet the criteria. We will no longer accept expressions of interest for this pilot workshop beyond Friday 12 May.
Should you be interested in being involved in future Leading Values in Teams workshops you can continue to register your interest and we will be in touch with further details when available.Register your interest in this workshop