Please note, this course is currently being redesigned for online delivery.
Sustainability – The Role of the Manager
This course is for managers/leaders who are new to sustainability, or have little applied experience of embedding sustainability in practice and feel they would benefit most from gaining a good understanding of sustainability and it’s strategic importance at the University of Leeds. Participants on this course will:
- develop a solid understanding of sustainability in the University context and what it means for their management and leadership roles;
- learn about how to support their teams and colleagues in embedding sustainability
- explore examples of sustainability in practice across different departments
- Identify opportunities and barriers
- develop an action plan for working collaboratively in their own areas.
The course is delivered in two parts. Part 1 covers the fundamentals of sustainability and how it is applied at Leeds, delivered through guided online self-learning, to be completed prior to attending Part 2. Part 2 is a 2.5hr face to face online session, which focuses on what this means for your role as a manager, discussing challenges and opportunities and offering opportunities for collaboration.
Find out more about Sustainability at Leeds – https://sustainability.leeds.ac.uk/
Find out more
Please see our Sustainability Strategy
To book a place see Sustainability: The Role of the Manager – 25 March, 09:30 to 12:00, 18 May 09:30 – 12:00
Webpage last updated: 10/02/21 | Maintained by the LPP Team