This course is for managers/leaders who are new to sustainability, or have little applied experience of embedding sustainability in practice and feel they would benefit most from gaining a good understanding of sustainability and it’s strategic importance at the University of Leeds. Participants on this course will:
- develop a solid understanding of sustainability in the University context and what it means for their management and leadership roles;
- learn about how to support their teams and colleagues in embedding sustainability
- explore examples of sustainability in practice across different departments
- Identify opportunities and barriers
- develop an action plan for working collaboratively in their own areas.
The course is delivered in two parts:
- Part 1: This covers the fundamentals of sustainability and how it is applied at the University of Leeds and is delivered through guided online self-learning. Part 1 must be completed before attending part 2 and will be sent to participants 2 weeks before attending part 2.
- Part 2: This is a 3 hour facilitated session delivered online with the focus being on what your role as a manager is within sustainability, discussing challenges and opportunities and offering a chance for collaboration.
Part 1 will be emailed to you after you have signed up for this course.
Part 2 will take place online from 1-4pm on Tuesday 19 July 2022.
Webpage last updated: 27/05/2022 | Maintained by the LPP Team