About the programme
This three-month programme is designed specifically for women’s personal and professional development and covers topics including improving self-confidence, being more proactive, effective communication and assertiveness.
Springboard is for you if you would like to learn how to:
- Take stock of your strengths and achievements and build on them.
- Identify your weaknesses and turn them into strengths.
- Develop enough confidence to make things happen.
It normally runs twice a year, dates for the next programme can be found below.
What is included in the Springboard Programme?
You will attend four compulsory one-day workshops. These are highly participative, supportive and lively. Throughout the programme, you will have support from your tutor and peers and you will hear the life and work stories of four guest speakers, usually from the University.
You will be provided with a workbook which you will work through during the programme. This is both thought-provoking and fun and helps you get the most out of the programme.
Topics covered in the programme include:
- Understanding yourself
- Confidence building
- Networking and support
- Work-life balance
- Identifying your values
- Setting goals
- More energy, less anxiety
This is what you need to undertake Springboard:
Springboard has been developed for all women, whatever their background. Women undertake the programme for both work and personal reasons and to do it you need:
- the interest and the desire to look into yourself and to change what needs changing.
- to be willing to spend a couple of hours a week at home undertaking the exercises in the workbook.
- the commitment to attend all four workshops. It is most important that this time is agreed with your line manager.
You may have to build some self-confidence in order to take some action. The programme will give you information, skills and support but the rest is up to you!
Upcoming programme dates and applications:
The next programme runs from January to April 2022. There will be a mixture of online and face-to-face sessions and there are four workshops to attend in total.
- Workshop 1 – Monday 23 January and Tuesday 24 January 2023 (on campus)
- Workshop 2 – Monday 20 February and Tuesday 21 February 2023 (online via Zoom)
- Workshop 3 – Monday 20 March and Tuesday 21 March 2023 (online via Zoom)
- Workshop 4 – Monday 24 April and Tuesday 25 April 2023 (on campus)
To apply for the programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the programme is full you will be added to the waiting list for the next programme. Dates for the second programme in 2023 will be made available on this webpage in due course.
What previous participants have said about the programme:
“This is an amazing programme that has increased my confidence – I now like ‘me’ and want to take every day with positive and confident steps. Thank you”
“I feel more positive and valued.”
“I’ve found confidence at work I did not know I possessed.”
“This programme offers a revolutionary opportunity to get out of the rut.”
“This programme has been one of the best things I have ever done in my life”
“I feel enthused, motivated and now know that if I want to, I can.”