Discovering your Leadership is designed for early stages of leadership development for aspiring and new leaders. On this page you will find information on the content, dates of the next communities and how to apply for the programme.
Programme overview and suitability:
This programme is for colleagues whose role requires the input and collaboration of others. You may have limited/some knowledge or experience in applying leadership skills or have infrequent opportunities to connect theory to practice. The programme will be particularly beneficial for colleagues who aspiring leaders or leaders who are new-to-role.
There will be a focus on understanding fundamental leadership competencies, enhancing self-awareness, and creating collaborative working relationships. There is a requirement to complete activities in between sessions as you will be working as a supportive learning cohort.
An outline of the programme is as follows:
- Induction session – What does leadership mean to me?
- Session 1 – Difficult conversations & conflict management
- Session 2 – Building collaboration
- Session 3 – Influencing and communication
- Session 4 – Transformational change & next steps
The 2021/22 programme is no longer available to book. The 2022/23 dates will be made available on this page. In the meantime, you can register your interest for future Discovering your Leadership programmes. We will be launching new communities for the start of the new academic year.
If you have any questions about this programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in:
The below are some of our other leadership development programmes aimed at different levels which may also be of interest:
- Establishing your Leadership – designed for leaders who are at least 6 months into a leadership role and still feel in transition.
- Leading transformational change – designed for colleagues who have been in a leadership role for over 12 months and delivering change.