About the programme
This programme is designed to help members of our grade 2-5 staff community become more successful in their use of LinkedIn. Across three sessions you’ll learn how to improve your personal brand and gain a better understanding of how an effective LinkedIn profile can help you to find the right job, connect with others and learn the skills needed to succeed in your career.
About the facilitator
This course will be run by Nigel Cliffe from Value Exchange, a full-time LinkedIn trainer and consultant across many industry sectors. He works internationally with an extensive list of corporate organisations, professional service firms, institutes, educational establishments, charities and the UK Central Government.
During the last ten years, Nigel has provided training to thousands of companies and presented to tens of thousands of people the benefits of LinkedIn. He loves LinkedIn and all that it offers. He is a passionate advocate of building personal brands to successfully meet your personal and professional goals.
June 2023 Programme
The next programme will run in June 2023 on the following dates. Sessions will be delivered online via Zoom.
- Workshop One: Q&A session with an illustration of what can be achieved by being on LinkedIn, Thursday 8 June 2023, 10-11am.
- Workshop Two: LinkedIn Profile Optimization, Thursday 15 June 2023, 10-11.30am
- Workshop Three: Content and Engagement Strategy, Thursday 22 June 2023, 2-3.30pm
Find out more about what is covered in each of the three workshops in this programme.
Q & A Session with an illustration of what can be achieved by being on LinkedIn
In this first session we will provide an overview of what can be achieved by being on LinkedIn. We’ll start by getting to know how and why we should use LinkedIn to develop our personal brand.
Over time we will build a tribe around us; people who regularly support and engage with our content. How do we nurture our connections? Who do we connect with? Who are the existing movers and shakers in the sector who might be good to hang around?
Learning outcomes for this session:
- You will understand why LinkedIn is important and how it will help you enhance your career opportunities and develop your personal brand.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions throughout, allowing you to have a better understanding of how LinkedIn can be beneficial to you.
LinkedIn Profile Optimization
We will examine, using live examples on LinkedIn, what it takes to dramatically improve your LinkedIn profile.
We will take you through the key components of how to improve your profile for people and algorithms.
We must ensure that each new visitor to our profile leaves with the confidence to know they have found the right person that can provide the answer to their challenges.
Building trust in our personal brand is key.
After the session, a document will be provided that allows attendees to update their profiles against a checklist.
The session will be recorded so it can be used an asset for future use.
- You will have a framework to improve your LinkedIn profiles so you can be proud of your digital brand online.
- You will understand why this can be so beneficial to you.
Content and Engagement Strategy
Engaging on the platform is key to success.
Having the best profile in the world will not deliver results.
This can only come about by being active on the platform, engaging with others and adding your own content to the platform. In this session, we cover:
- How do we go about publishing content?
- What type of content works?
- What is the etiquette of communicating on LinkedIn?
- What should we post about?
- How frequently should we post?
- What format should we post in?
...and much more! We will run through our ten top tips that guide you on this journey.
- You will have a thorough understanding of how to engage on LinkedIn and why it is so valuable.